*HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS BULLETIN*
September 8, 2017
To Our Customers:
Most of you are commercial clients. I recommend you start preparations as soon as possible to secure your businesses’ property, tools and important documents. A reminder to make sure your employees are also in the loop. Here’s a checklist to consider:
- Return/finish work flow on as many customer vehicles as you possibly can so you can get them off your premises.
- Get as many vehicles inside your building as possible.
- Any equipment that can be brought up off the floor should be up at least 2 feet.
- Get computers, hard drives, extension cords, power strips and similar electric equipment off the floor.
- Have tarps available for use in the event of damage to facilities or equipment.
- Eliminate debris near and around building.
- Consider boarding up exposed windows and doorways.
- For vehicles that must stay outside, move them to the highest ground possible and away from water and trees.
- Make sure you have copies of important paperwork secured and protected from water/damage. If you can, consider creating digital copies of paperwork and uploading to the Cloud or emailing to yourself.
- Consider taking a “digital inventory” of your shop. Using your cell phone’s video camera, take panoramic visuals of your shop, the tools and equipment.
- Make sure you have flashlights and batteries that work.
- Make sure cell phones are fully charged.
- Make an emergency plan for your employees and share. Questions to address:
- What is the emergency plan if the storm hits while the business is open during the workday?
- How will you notify staff if the building is damaged or the business is closed?
- How should they notify you if they cannot get in to work?
- Who has keys to the building and should others have spares, just in case?
- How will you notify staff when you re-open for business?
- How will you communicate with customers in all instances?
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
IF YOU HAVE A CLAIM, CONTACT US TO FILE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
IGO Insurance Agency: 1-800-243-1560
OR you can contact your Carrier directly: